Cruciferous vegetables are known for their health benefits. From preventing cancer to fighting against thyroid to general pain alleviation, their benefits are aplenty. This family includes vegetables like Broccoli, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, Kale, Bok Choy, Arugula, Collard Greens and other such leafy greens.
Of these, Broccoli has many health benefits, few of which are:
1. Anti Cancer – Broccoli is rich in compounds that prevent cancer of prostate, colon, bladder, and breasts.
2. Anti Arthritis – Broccoli is rich in Calcium and helps in absorption of Vitamin D. It prevents Osteoporosis and aids in maintaining good bone health.
3. Detoxifying – Broccoli is a natural detox food. It helps the body in getting rid of chemicals and toxins naturally
4. Hearth Health – Broccoli is good for the heart. It prevents arteries from thickening and also helps in reducing Cholesterol level.
5. Aids Digestion – Broccoli is rich in fibers. It does not only improve digestion but also aids in weight loss.
Eat Better, Live Healthy!
Gaurav is an entrepreneur whose first Start-up was focused on providing services to patients suffering from Chronic Diseases. While researching about the causes of lifestyle diseases and the ways to reduce their incidence, he chanced upon the idea of growing healthy and nutritious food using advanced farming techniques.
He founded CityGreens with a mission to enable City Dwellers to access Safe, Healthy and Fresh food.