Organic is one marketing buzzword that has been used (or rather misused) extensively by marketers to spread misinformation and play on people’s fear factor to make quick bucks.
- Is organic food free of pesticides?
- Is conventionally grown food more nutritious than organically grown?
- What is organic milk? Is my milk really organic?
- How do I know the food labeled organic in retail stores is actually organic?
- Do organic products also contain inorganic ingredients?
- From where can I source 100% organic food?
- Can anyone brand their produce as organic? Who certifies if a product is organic?
- What is the difference between organic and pesticide-free? Which one is better?
- Does pesticide-free mean grown without pesticides or grown with pesticides but pre-washed before packing? Is that safe?
Above are examples of few of the many queries that remain unanswered by and hidden behind the marketing blizzard created by propaganda marketeers.
At CityGreens, we will utilize next few Tuesdays’ blogs to take each one of these queries and share factual and verifiable information through our blogs to help you make an informed and aware consumer. If you too have any such queries that you would want us to find an answer to, please do write to us and we will do our best to ascertain the facts and share them with you.
Gaurav is an entrepreneur whose first Start-up was focused on providing services to patients suffering from Chronic Diseases. While researching about the causes of lifestyle diseases and the ways to reduce their incidence, he chanced upon the idea of growing healthy and nutritious food using advanced farming techniques.
He founded CityGreens with a mission to enable City Dwellers to access Safe, Healthy and Fresh food.